GOALS AND OUTCOMES
Our Hebrew School is built on several fundamental outcomes, allowing you to feel confident in your child’s progress. Your child will graduate with a strong of tools, including Hebrew reading, prayers, and obtaining ownership of Jewish holidays and how-to’s for most Jewish practices.
GOALS AND OUTCOMES
Our philosophy is that every Jewish child is entitled to a Jewish education. To achieve this goal, we have opened a Hebrew School to bring this opportunity to the children of our community. Chai Hebrew School offers a warm and lively Jewish atmosphere where children can attain a unique and exciting awareness of their Jewish identity.
At Chai Hebrew School we endeavor that our students:
- Attain a strong sense of identity with our heritage and develop a love and pride in being Jewish.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the Mitzvot, traditions and practices of Judaism and study the morals, values and ethical behaviours of our Torah.
- Discover and explore the incredible history of the Jewish people and its relevance for all times, thereby developing an excitement for Jewish Holidays. We also want our students to experience a hands-on appreciation for the Jewish holidays, customs and traditions.
- Learn basic prayers so that the students will feel comfortable when attending Beit Knesset services.
- Master the skills of Hebrew reading and writing, thereby becoming familiar with the prayer services and laying the foundation for successful Bar/Bat Mitzvah preparation.
- Advance in vocabulary and/or fluency in their conversational Hebrew, depending on their background and starting point.
- Identify with the land of Israel as our own land and develop an interest in issues relating to Israel and its people.
- Express their opinions and ask questions about G-d, Torah and religion in a non-judgmental setting, and understand the importance and relevance of Torah in the 21st century.
- Achieve a Jewish perspective on life and maintain a Jewish connection and involvement beyond the years in Hebrew school and ultimately convey this to future generations.
Indeed, a child equipped with an education and a feeling for Judaism’s beautiful teachings, traditions, and historical lessons is a child better equipped to face the awesome moral challenges of today’s society.
Our school’s underlying approach is for the children to enjoy the time spent with us so that they are left with positive feelings and fond memories of their Jewish education. Our program is thus carefully blended with songs, games, incentives, arts and crafts, drama, field trips, family celebrations and other exciting co-curricular activities.